Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Default Incorrect result from =count(above)

Hi billfalls,

This is more of the same bug with the count(above) function, which always
count all of the consecutive preceding rows until it encounters the last
such row with a number, then all consecutive preceding numbered rows until
it encounters a non-numeric row, and counts that too. If there are no
preceding rows with numbers, this means you get a count of all preceding
rows.

Cheers

"billfalls" wrote in message
=count(above) gives a correct result when there is more than one item

above
it in the column. However, if there is just one item the result is 0

(zero).

This small table has no empty rows, and I insert and delete rows as

needed.
When I experimented by adding an empty row I got 2 as the (incorrect)

result
as reported in the very helpful "Word Field Maths" document by macropod
mentioned elsewhere in this discussion group. No one seems to have

reported
the error I describe above.