Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Trouble with Word doc. originally done in Word Perfect

In Word 2002 and 2003, if a document has ever contained a header, there will
always be an empty header paragraph. There is no way to get rid of it other
than to create a new document (with no header) and paste the text into it.
You can reduce the header margin to 0", however.

"Colleen" wrote in message

I went in and looked for empty paragraphs. There is a paragraph marker
in the header that won't delete. Is that maybe the problem? I did for
interest's sake go into the header and reduce the margin by .5 inch (it
was 1 inch)- and the title did move up. Is it normal for a header to
have a paragraph marker but no text?

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Did you look for empty paragraphs?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Colleen" wrote in message

Thanks Suzanne. I hope I have put my reply in the correct place. I
have
checked, there are no page breaks that I can see. Any other thoughts?
Thanks, Colleen.

Colleen E Wrote:
Hi. I am trying to reformat a document that was converted from Word
Perfect to Word (I am not sure which version it was originally
converted to, but I am using 2003). Most of the pages are OK, but
there
is the odd one that has the title about 1.5-2 inches from the top
margin. It will not move with page layout. The only way I can get it
move up to 1 inch margin is to put the top margin measurement to a
negative number. It works, but it's confusing, especially since
others
will work on the document. Is this fixable somehow? Thanks!

--
Colleen

--
Colleen