Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mt_si_dad[_2_] mt_si_dad[_2_] is offline

Default multilevel lists Word 2007 NOT numbering correctly

I've even deleted the normal.dotm template, thinking that maybe there's an
odd numbering style hidden there.

"finalword" wrote:

The setting that you are looking for is "Reset List After" and is located on
the right side of the dialog box. Have you adjusted this?

Are you linking the levels of your list to styles? I would highly recommend
that you do. It really helps the structure of the document.

"mt_si_dad" wrote:

I have this list in Word 2007:
1.
1.1
1.2
2.
1.3
1.4
1.5
3.
1.6.
1.7.1
1.7.2

and so on

what I ***WANT*** is this
1.
1.1
1.2
2.
2.1
2.2
2.3
3.
3.1
3.1.1
3.1.2

and so on

I've tried the multilevel lists, tried creating a new list, tried modifying
the multilevel list style - nothing is working.

What's going on here?