Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yummy yummy is offline

Default Odd page setup/page margin behavior in Word 2003

Oh my. This Soooooo.... worked. Missing the white space was driving me crazy
and yes I am anal retentive.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Not sure based on your description, but could this be the problem:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm ?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Graham in DC" Graham in wrote in message
Hello,

I've used Word for years and have Word 2003 now -- I'm no novice to Word.
But maybe I bumped something, or maybe I've encountered some odd virus?

Yesterday for no apparent reason when I created a new document and went
through Page Setup to make it a Legal size page, simultaneously resetting
the
page margins from the defaults to something smaller, what I got as a
result
was odd: a page that was 8-1/2x14 *minus* the 1/2-inch margins I had set,
for
7-1/2 x 13. The text field (in print layout view) was then showing
another
1/2-inch margin within that reduced-size piece of paper. The Page Setup
box
showed a Legal size, 8-1/2x14 page selected, but that was not what I was
getting.

Ever since this has happened, in place of the 8-1/2 x 11 Letter size page
Word typically defaults to giving me, it gives me a page smaller than
that,
apparently subtracting out the default margins. The Page Setup box shows
Letter size, 8-1/2x11 page, but again that's not what I'm getting.

My McAffee is up to date and I tried deleting the Normal.dot file to see
if
it would default to some other kind of default settings, but I still get
the
same problem.

Have you all seen this before? Is this operator error? Your suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.