Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
QA info[_2_] QA info[_2_] is offline

Default Create a merged document with "text form field" capability?

Great! It's a relief to get help from someone who understands what I'm trying
to do.

I will look over this and see if I can get it to make sense. I think I can
figure out how to record a macro. The datasource is currently blank, it would
be created each day from the orders that we receive. The default datasource
that Word wants to use is an Access Database, so that's what I've been trying
to learn, unless there is something else that will make more sense.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Here is a macro that can be used to do a mail merge with formfields if the
datasource is a table in an Access Database. The mail merge main document
must be set up with the data source attached and the merge fields inserted
into the document. It can be used with a document that contains any type of
formfield and creates a separate document for each record in the data source
with a filename of the format MwithFF# in a folder c:\Test (that must be
created on your system). You can change the MwithFF to something else if
you want and also the folder into which the documents are saved by modifying
the

..SaveAs "C:\Test\MwithFF" & j

line of code.

If you data source is not in that format, the following macro can be used to
execute the merge to a new document in which the formfields that were in the
mailmerge main document, will be reinstated into each of the "letters"
contained in that new document: