Ricki Miles

Thanks for all you efforts, Greg. I wish there was another way to have text
protected in Word - Form fields are very limiting.

Ricki

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
Ricki,

I am totally stumped. I even tried changing the number separator in

Control
Panel Regional and Language settings to a space vice a comma but I still
can't get it to work. I am working with Word2003 now (Word2000 earlier)

and
now I can't even get 1234 to look like $1 234.00 it comes out $ 1 2.34 :-(

I tried using VBA on exit to take the formfield result and format it and
feed it back, but this doesn't work either:

Text1.Result = Format(Text.Result, "$# ###.00")

If I think of anything I will post back

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Ricki Miles wrote:
That's exactly my problem. Can you think of another solution? The
client needs a template that is "locked down" so users cannot changes
existing text and formatting - thus, the protected form fields. But
the number corporate standard is a space instead of a comma and the
fields need to calculate properly.

I have tried many things, but nothing seems to work. Formatting can
be customized like this in Excel. Do you think this form should have
an on exit macro that takes the numbers from Word into Excel, formats
them and sends them back? I wouldn't know how to write the macro to
go from one program to another. I would be happy to make the form
with macrobuttons and empty fields (control+F9), but then there is no
protecting the text from users who want to change it.

Thanks for the help,

Ricki
"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ricki,

Now I see your problem, I just selected the standard format

Replaced the commas with spaces:

and ran some test.

1 returns $1.00
1234 returns $1 234.00

however the calculations are treating the 1 234 as two numbers. If I
add

$ 1 234.00 and $2.00 I am getting $237.00 or 1 + 234 + 2

I am stumped right now :-(