Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom

Default Track changes showing formatting

I see. I wasn't aware that the Reviewing toolbar offers more control
than the Track Changes tab of ToolsOptions. Thank you for clarifying
this!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word 2002 and 2003, Formatting can be deselected from the Show

menu on
the Reviewing toolbar. If not displayed, these balloons will not

print.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
What option does the user untick? As far as I know, it isn't

possible
to prevent Word from tracking formatting changes; it either tracks

all
changes or no changes at all.

If the user is trying to print markup, but not formatting changes,

she
could accept (or reject) the formatting change before printing.

If the user doesn't want to print the markup at all (but keep it

in
the file), she should choose to print "Document" in the Print

dialog
box.

For more, see

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"GwenP" wrote in message
I have a user who swears she unticks the formatting in the show

track changes
when she prints.

Very often it actually still prints the formatting changes.
Is this possible or has anyone else even come across this.

Thanks
GwenP