Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Boxes

Julie,

Could it be a paragraph with a border and shading formatted with
"insert page break before"?

What happens if you select it and press CTRL+Q?

Julie wrote:
I'm not sure it is a frame. When i try to highlight it just the text
highlights. Then I right clicked and I didn't get the option to format
frame. I don't understand what kind of format this is in?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

It sounds like that you have a "Frame" that is shaded adn has it's
anchor locked.

If you select and right click this shaded box to you see a command
"Format Frame" on the mouse shortcut menu?

What help do you need?

Julie wrote:
I have a word doc that has text in a shaded box but it is not a text box or
table. I don't know what it is. If you copy and paste it somewhere it
automatically puts it on the top of a new page. Help if you know what i'm
dealing with.

Thank You.