Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Jean

Default change the default font size for footnotes

Well they told you to modify the footnote style but not an easy way to do
this, right? For just one document first we must have a footnote go to
Insert-Reference (or footnote for win. 98 and before) right click when the
shortcut menu appears click on Style. Click the Modify button and change the
font size For existing footnotes go to View-footnotes when the footnote pane
displays right click when the shortcut menu appears click on Style. Click
the Modify button and change the font size. To do this to all documents do
the same but only with a blank document and then save it as Normal and in
file type click the drop down and find template it will ask you if you are
sure you want to replace the Normal.dot IF you are sure click yes. I don't
recommend this because all documents are based on the Normal.dot template and
if this becomes corrupted it could corrupt existing files...it's best to do
this to individual documents.

Deborah Jean
MOS Master Instructor

"jonathanmenn" wrote:

How do I change the default font size for footnotes (ie, both the footnote
numbers and the text of the footnotes) from 10 to 12?