Charles Kenyon

In a protected form, if the field is marked to "calculate on exit" it will
automatically update a REF field that depends on it (as well as calculation
fields).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
If you set the template up correctly, you can have the number appear in
another cell, but only after updating the field. Or, if it's in a
protected form, you could have a macro automatically update the field for
you after finishing the entry. But, if you want the number to appear
elsewhere AS you're typing it, that's not a capability that's built into
Word. It likely could be done using VBA, but it sounds like a lot of work
for something that's not functionally essential.

I'm not aware of ANY _word processors_ that do that... and I believe I've
used them all. Happy hunting!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"david_d" wrote in message
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:hhghg

Thanks but I was trying to have the number repeat itself in another cell
as
I typed it once.