amvidapelletier

Graham,
The page itself wasn't available. I clicked on the link at your sig. block,
but didn't know where to go from there. Oh well...
Amy Marie Pelletier (^o^)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Doug was correct in that the task pane is also available by the method
sugegsted and is indeed called the MailMergeWizard, but I am curious what
you meant by 'Your link didn't work'. Did you mean that the content of the
page was unhelpful or the page itself wasn't available? If the latter then
please try it again. It should be working - or try the link in my sig. block
and follow the menus.

amvidapelletier wrote:
Graham,
Your link didn't work...sorry, I really appreciate your time in
trying to help me out.

Amy Marie Pelletier

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm explains
the use of the toolbar etc in greater detail. The mail merge wizard
is actually called the MailMergeHelper.

amvidapelletier wrote:
Hey Doug,
I tried your suggestion, but I could not find the MailMergeWizard
item on
the menu. Am I doing something wrong?
I went to Tools, Customize, Commands, then I selected Mail Merge,
but there was no listing of MailMergeWizard. I added the Mail Merge
Toolbar, but I have not tried to complete the task that I had to do
yet with it.

Thank you so much for the time you took to help me!
Amy Marie Pelletier (^o^)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

It should be there, but if it isn't select Customize from the Tools
menu and go to the All Commands category under the Commands tab and
scroll down through the commands until you locate the
MailMergeWizard item. Then expand the Tools, Letters and Mailing
menu and left click and drag the MailMergeWizard onto the menu.

You will probably find however that it is better to turn on the
MailMerge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the View menu and then
checking the MailMerge item. You can do all that you want with
MailMerge by using the buttons on that Toolbar and will find it far
lest tedious that using the wizard.

--
Please respond to the Newsgroup for the benefit of others who may
be interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"amvidapelletier" wrote
in message
I am taking a college class and using a text for Word 2002
although
I have 2003 on my computer. I was given a task to go to Tools,
Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail Merge Wizard. I don't
see it on my computer.
Am I losing my brains here?