View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to make references with square brackets?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with your references in Microsoft Word.

To insert references within square brackets, you can use the built-in citation feature in Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the reference.
  2. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Insert Citation" and select "Add New Source" if you haven't already added the source to your document. If you have, select "Insert Citation" and choose the source you want to cite.
  4. In the "Edit Source" dialog box, you'll see a field called "Prefix" where you can enter the opening square bracket "[" and a field called "Suffix" where you can enter the closing square bracket "]".
  5. Click "OK" to insert the citation with square brackets.

To insert references for two sources at the same place, you can use the same citation feature and separate the sources with a comma. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the references.
  2. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Insert Citation" and select "Add New Source" if you haven't already added the sources to your document. If you have, select "Insert Citation" and choose the sources you want to cite, separated by a comma.
  4. In the "Edit Source" dialog box, you can enter the opening and closing square brackets in the "Prefix" and "Suffix" fields as before.
  5. Click "OK" to insert the citation with square brackets and multiple sources.