Francine

Thank you Suzanne. Today it's been opening maximized every time, until just
now! I just set the shortcut to open maximized so I hope things will be ok
now. Also, so far it's been opening in normal view. If I have problems
again, I'll be sure to check back in here.

Thanks again.
--

Francine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can absolutely make Word start Maximized by setting this in the
Properties of the shortcut used to start Word. As for the view and zoom,
this is definitely problematic in Word 2003, which seems to have a mind of
its own. Most of the time it will start in the view in which you closed
it,
but the only way to really force it to open in a specific view is with an
AutoExec or AutoNew macro.

so
all may benefit.

"Francine" wrote in message
Thank you. I did everything you suggested. The thing is, it was already

set
to normal view. But still sometimes when I open Word it opens in Print
Layout.

I am also having problems opening Word itself. Sometimes it opens full
screen and sometimes it opens smaller and I have to click on the full

screen
button at the top right. I'm using Word 2003.

--

Francine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The article makes this pretty clear, I think: change the zoom, then

press
the Spacebar and Backspace, then Save. These were the last three of the
five
steps, the first two being to find and open Normal.dot.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Francine" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne. I followed your instructions but couldn't figure
out
what
to do after I found the template (which was blank).

--

Francine

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Francine" wrote in message
When I open the program the view automatically opens in the Print
Layout
view. I want it to open in Normal view, but nothing I try works.
How
can
get it to open automatically in the Normal view?

--

Francine