Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nick Piazza Nick Piazza is offline

Default Why has Create AutoText button suddenly become disabled?

Thanks, Bob,
I realized that shortly after posting the question.

Nick

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Nick,

Do you have text or other object in the document selected? The icon will be greyed out if there's nothing selected to turn into an
AutoText entry.

============
"Nick Piazza" wrote in message ...
Some time ago, I used the Word 2007 options to add a Create AutoText button
to the Ribbon Bar. I was able to successfully use it to create autotext
entries. Suddenly, when I open documents I had previously created, the
Create AutoText button is disabled (grayed out), and I don't know how to
re-enable it. I tried deleting the button and re-adding it from the Word
Options, but it is still disabled. Does anyone know why it would become
disabled, and how it can be re-enabled?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP