Jay Freedman

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:13:04 -0800, "Roy H" Roy
wrote:

I have WindowsXP and just upgraded to Office Professional Edition 2003. I
have installed all component to run on my computer. The Equation editor is
not available Insert/Object/Creat New Tab. I have tried add/remove and
reinstalling Office. There are no Object Types avaialbe in the creat new Tab
area. I have been unable to get the equation editor to run. Please e-mail
also.

Regards Roy

Hi Roy,

Equation Editor isn't part of the standard installation. You have to
go through a custom install.

In Control Panel Add/Remove Programs, click Change. Leave "Add or
Remove Features" selected and click Next. In the next panel, check the
box for "Choose advanced customization of applications" and click
Next. In the final panel, expand the Office Tools icon and make sure
that Equation Editor is set to "Run from my computer". Then click
Update.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman