Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mike_mike

Default putting tabs in a mail merge field?

I'm using 2002 word and i'm not connecting to excel. I'm
running the word mail merge from excel VB code , and opening word up from
there..

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word? When I try to do this in Office 2003, the tabs come
across no matter which way I connect to Excel (DDE, OLEDB, ODBC). (They do
/not/ come across if I just copy/paste into Word, unless I use Edit|Paste
Special and choose, e.g. RTF formatted text rather than HTML format).

Peter Jamieson
"mike_mike" wrote in message
Hi

i standard letter with merge codes
{address}

Dear sir

These companies are in breach..
{mydata}

I want to all the following data into {mydata}
2005 tab Company 1
2006 tab company 2

I am merging from excel how do i get the tabs into word as they seem to be
turning to spaces? I do have them in the excel using char(9) in the source
data ..I do not want to use a list/catalog/directory merge just a standard
letter.