Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Word 2003 - F1 and macros

You are trying to do something that you cannot do. You came here for help
and you have been given EXPERT help in very simple terms. You still cannot
do it. You received $500 consultancy for free and now you are criticising.

I suggest that you apologise for outright effrontery.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Tom Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:24:46 +0200, Cindy M.
wrote:

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand you.

In that case, I think it would be best if you do NOT try to
reprogram the F1 key. When you poke that deeply into things
that aren't meant to be changed, you have to understand
what you're doing, and how to correct any problems that
might crop up. F1 is dedicated across all Windows apps to
calling up Help, which is why it's locked down so tightly.

After reading your lecture above, and given the presence of "newusers" in
this group's title, I am left wondering why you bothered replying in the
first place. If F1 is locked down so securely, then why not just say "you
can't do that unless you know VBA" and left it at that?

I cheerfully admit that I am not a programmer, but my original question
was
a simple one, and if you weren't prepared to provide this "new user" with
meaningful assistance, then why even bother to reply?

Leaving someone with the impression that they're an idiot leaves me
fervently hoping that you are not in HR... :-)

Tom

--
remove .spoo to reply by email