Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Hall Tom Hall is offline

Default Word 2003 - F1 and macros

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:40:19 +0200, Cindy M.
wrote:

Hi Tom,

I've implemented a third-party
solution using a program which will cheerfully redefine just about any

key
on the keyboard and can be made to act on specific applications only.

Glad you've found a solution :-)

It seems there is no end to the mysteries of Word. Right now I'm trying to
figure out why a macro I just wrote which does nothing but type some
formatted text into a document is triggered with the Shift-F11 key even
when I don't assign the macro to either a key or to a menu. If I add a
hotkey, (e.g. F11), then BOTH F11 and Shift-F11 trigger the macro. If I
delete the macro, Shift-F11 does nothing. If I manually create the macro
from scratch avoiding any key assignment, Shift-F11 will again trigger the
macro. Very strange.

Tom

--
remove .spoo to reply by email