Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Duplicate File Menu Item - PDF

I suspect the add-in (which provides extra functionality) for version 4 will
be incompatible with Word 2003. It would be worth seeing if there is a
compatible update for this version. Otherwise you are limited to printing to
the driver.
In the meantime remove the old add-in
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If this is a free PDF creator that came with an early version of
Acrobat Reader, then it may not work with Word 2003. If you have a
full version of Adobe Acrobat (the current version is 7.0, so 4.0
would be fairly old), it may be necessary to reinstall it in order to
ensure that the Word add-in is installed correctly. In general,
though, versions of Acrobat before the current one put a PDFMaker.dot
template in Word's Startup folder that provides the functions behind
the buttons you have.

"Tom Hall" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I have two entries on the File menu that say "Create
Adobe PDF" -- and neither one works. With a Word document open,
clicking on either entry appears to do nothing at all.

I have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter version 4.0, and I have no trouble
printing to it from any Windows application, including Word 2003.

A similar menu item appears in Excel 2003 only once, and it works
perfectly. I'm prompted for the name of the PDF file to write, and
it's done.

I'm reasonably certain that the duplicate entries are probably
caused by the fact that I've got the PDFWriter module stored in more
than one location, but the reason why the command does nothing in
Word continues to elude me.

Tom

--
remove .spoo to reply by email