Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Henk57[_219_] Henk57[_219_] is offline

Default ?? No pdf.dot to even remove! Now what!

;2829012 Wrote:
On the chance that my previous messages have become buried -- I'm using
Windows XP & Adobe Acrobat writer v5. I do not
have the pdf.dot installed. (A copy resides inside the Acrobat folder,
however). My toolbars have started moving around,
and my find/replace dialog box resets itself to look for words and
features I didn't enter. Suzanne, Tom & others suspect
Acrobat influence. I agree.

But if since I don't have the pdf.dot file in the office folders, how
would I fix the problem, and still be able to
print to PDF?

Lady Dungeness
Out of Danger until September

A pdf converter is essentially a virtual print driver. If this print
driver installed (ie listed in the available printers when you select
print)?

Alternatively, though admittedly somewhat inefficient, you shd be able
to import the Word document into Acrobat for instant conversion.

Hth,

--
Henk57