Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default Hiding text in a Table of Figures

Thanks so much, it's working perfectly now!

"DeanH" wrote:

see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm at the bottom of
this article about Style Separator. Obviously instead of Heading styel it
will be caption style.
So simply create your Caption as normal (the bit you want to appear in the
List of Tables/Figures. Beneath this add the text you want to include in the
caption but not the LOT/F. The insert the Spearator as described.
This does work as I use this all the time ;-)
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Andrew" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm wondering how to only display certain parts of a caption's text in the
Table of Figures.

For example, in the text the caption might read:

"Figure 1.2: Distance-Time Plot [Jan 17]"

However, in the Table of Figures I do not want the part in the square
brackets to appear (Jan 17)

I want the Table of Figures to look like:

"Figure 1.2: Distance-Time Plot................15"

Is there a good way to do this? One possibility is to just delete the [Jan
17] off the Table of Figures once I know that I'm not going to update it
anymore, but this doesn't seem like the most elegant solution.

Thanks very much,

Andrew