Ray

Default Word 97: Error message on opening document

I had to uninstall my Office Xp pro' installation because Word stopped
working efficiently; I could no longer edit and typing in a new document was
a similar pain. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

I have now installed Word 97 which is working fine excpet for the fact that
every time I open a document a Pop-up tells me that the Administrator
(myself) is already using the document, do I want to make a copy or cancel....

This is not really a 'problem' since if i click 'Cancel' the pop up
disappears and I can get on with my work, but it's not ideal and must point
to some kind of error somewhere?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Ray