Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dax Arroway Dax Arroway is offline

Default AutoFill Text from Dropdown

Sort of like an IF, THEN statement. IF cell A1 has Level 1 selected from the
dropdown, then B1 is Level 1 B text, C1 is Level 1 C text, D1 is Level 1
D text. Or if A1 is Level 2 selected, then B1 is Level 2 B text, C1 is
Level 2 C text, and so on and so forth. Does anyone have something that
could do this? Seems simple enough. I've actually figure out how to do this
with Excel but I don't want an inserted excel document into my Word document.
I'd rather it only be a Word document with a Word Table. I can also do this
with HTML but again, I'd prefer this only be a Word doc. Anyone???
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!

"Dax Arroway" wrote:

I have a 5x5 table in which the first column has drop downs with choices
Level 1 through Level 5. The columns have descriptive text in them which
should change depending upon the users choices in the dropdowns. Is there a
way of doing this?

For instance, if someone opened this form and selected Level II from the
dropdown menu, the cells across the row would fill with predetermined text
that matched descriptions for Level II. If they changed it to Level III, the
descriptions would follow, and so on and so forth.

Does anyone know how to do this or know where a webpost is or a webpage
which describes the process. (And excuse me if this is all ready discussed.
I searched but couldn't find anything.)

Thanks so much in advance!
--Dax
--
I would give my left hand to be ambidextrous!