WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Reverse Page Numbering

Hi Twayne,

Yes, it is possible to reverse the order of pages in a Word document. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Page Number" drop-down menu and select "Format Page Numbers".
  4. In the "Page Number Format" dialog box, select "Start at" and enter the number of the last page in your document (in your case, it would be 42).
  5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.
  6. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon.
  7. Click on "Print Layout" to switch to print layout view.
  8. Scroll to the end of your document (which is now the beginning).
  9. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  10. Click on "Page Break" to insert a page break.
  11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 until you have inserted a page break at the beginning of each page.
  12. Save your document.

Now your document should be reversed, with the last page appearing first and the first page appearing last. The page numbers will also be reversed, so the last page will be numbered 1, the second-to-last page will be numbered 2, and so on.