Bob Mathews

On 23-Nov-2004, wrote:

As it stands right now, I have to have the equation on its own
line, and then the caption on a line above or below it.

There's no easy way to do that with Equation Editor. OTOH, the
professional version of Equation Editor -- MathType -- lets you
do that quite easily. It also lets you insert equation references
in your document text, with the references linked to the equation
numbers. The linking means that if you add or remove a numbered
equation, you don't have to manually update the numbers.

More info on MathType, including a free fully-functional 30 day
evaluation, at the link in my signature.
--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training 830-990-9699