Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Default how do I disinstall Word installed in new PC. I prefer Wordpad

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think that I was the only person who
understood that point.

One pan of lasagna for Garfield!
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
Funny... people come here more often to complain that they paid $300 for a
new computer and think that their new computer should have come with $400
worth of Microsoft Office software for free.

Chuck wrote:

1. Word was pre-installed in new computer on a trial basis. I don't
want it. Wordpad is all I need. If I can't deactivate Word, I want to
remove it. 2. Also, My Documents file from backup hard drive folder from
previous computer is controlled by Word. How do I move this out of Word
to a standard My Documents file in new computer.

Microsoft shouldn't impose unasked-for commercial software in a new
computer. Offer the opportunity. Bill Gates should know better. Thank
you