Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RichN RichN is offline

Default Automatic numbering in tables using word, after deleting a row

One possible cause of the problem is that some of your numbers aren't set
with automatic numbering, but have been typed in.

To fix this, highlight all the cells with numbers in them, then select
Format, Bullets and Numbering, Numbered tab, and select the type of
numbering you want.

If any of the numbers were typed in, they will be replaced by apprropriate
numbers, and the typed in numbers will have to be deleted.

"Tegwen" wrote:

I have been numbering rows in a table using word, (using a separate
column)However when I delete a row or insert a row the numbers don't follow
on automatically, Its terriblely frustrating. I cannot use excel because of
the nature of the project.
Hope this makes sense, Ill be glad of anyones input!