Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I shut off 'reveal codes' in Word?

I suspect what the user is actually asking about is nonprinting characters,
which are toggled with the Show/Hide ΒΆ button in Word 2007 as in previous
versions. It's in the Paragraph group on the Home tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"JungleJaneBelize" wrote in
message ...
Although the question is old, I will still answer it because it might help
someone else who is looking for it. There IS an option in Word 2007 to
show
or hide field codes, which I think is what this asker is looking for. It
can
be fixed by clicking on the Windows logo on the top left, then go to Word
options, the Advanced, then under "Show document content" remove the
checkmark from "Show field codes instead of their values".
Good luck!

"fgetulio" wrote:

I must have turned on the 'reveal codes' option in Word and now I don't
know
how to shut it off. Can anyone help me