Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jo Anne

Default How to write a letter for door prizes?

Tamal,

I would begin by identifying your bowling league and its purpose. Obviously
if there is a community aspect to it is easier to generate some interest. If
not, then I would identify how the donor will benefit from giving the
donation. I.e, their business will be advertised and the name prominently
displayed so that the attendees (how many would be nice) will see and
potentially visit. Are their advertising dollars being well spent.

Has your bowling league assisted those businesses in the past with its
purchasing power? Definitely that would be helpful to point out.

It is the difference between individualized letters pointing out past
partnerships and a form letter identifying a general connection.

The business will want to know - when, where, why - these donations are
being requested.

--
Jo Anne

"Tamal" wrote:

How should I word a letter to ask for donations for door prizes for a bowling
legue?