dougtusing

I started Word in safe mode, and there is no difference. It still will not
highlight misspelled words automatically - I need to run spellcheck manually.

With the other issue, not sure whether it is "autotext" or "autocorrect".
It used to be that if I started typing the first few letters of a month, for
example, the full date would automatically appear. This no longer happens.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?ZG91Z3R1c2luZw==?=,

Try holding CTRL when starting Word, to go into Safe Mode. Do you still see the
problem? Test first with spell check; and if that's not working automatically, try
with F7. Report any messsages you get.

With "Autocomplete" are you referring to AutoCorrect, or AutoText?

Word 2003

although settings are on, autocomplete no longer works. Also, spellcheck
does not happen automatically when a new document is opened - again, settings
are on.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)