Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Deleting extra rows in table

Hi Gail,

The following code will delete all blank rows (except for those with vertically merged cells) in all tables in the document:

Sub DelBlankRows()
Dim Pwd As String
Dim oRow As Integer
Dim oTable As Table
Dim pState As Boolean
With ActiveDocument
pState = False
If .ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
Pwd = "Password"
pState = True
.Unprotect Pwd
End If
If .Tables.Count 0 Then
For Each oTable In .Tables
For oRow = oTable.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
If Len(Replace(oTable.Rows(oRow).Range.Text, Chr(13) & Chr(7), vbNullString)) = 0 Then
On Error Resume Next 'skip vertically merged cells
oTable.Rows(oRow).Delete
End If
Next oRow
Next oTable
End If
If pState = True Then .Protect wdAllowOnlyFormFields, Noreset:=True, Password:=Pwd
pState = False
Pwd = ""
End With
End Sub

If the document is protected for forms, you'll need to replace "Password" with the real password (if any)

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]