Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default "Page 2 of 4" Where is the number of pages feature?

It's done differently in Word 2007. In the Insert ribbon tab, Header &
Footer section, click the Page Number dropdown arrow. Each of the different
location choices provides a variety of page number styles (look for the
major sections: Simple, Page X, Page X of Y, etc.).

Or... in the Insert tab, choose Header (or Footer), Edit Header (or
Footer). In the Design tab, you'll see the same option you saw in the Insert
tab, plus additional options that affect numbering.

Or... press Ctrl+F9, type page and press F9. Then repeat, typing numpages
instead of page. This is the manual way of creating Page X of Y.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Susan Campbell" Susan wrote in message
There used to be a Header or Footer toolbar which had a button to enter
automatically the total number of pages in a document. I can't seem to
locate the feature in Office 2007. All I know to search for is "number of
pages."

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Susan Campbell