cmansbridge

Default Column margins in tables

I had a table in portrait format that I tried to convert to landscape. When
I did, the left margin of the first column was no longer visible. Even when
I deleted every other column, I still could not retrieve the left margin.
This happens periodically when I try to change the size of cloumns.
Sometimes the right margin disappears, but I can usually get it back by
making the other columns smaller. Is there some manual that addresses Word
Tables in detail that would discuss problems like these? I am using MSWord
2000.