Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Saving from .dotx to .docx - file becomes huge!!

What happens if you create the same document simply using normal.dotx,
i.e. don't select a template when you start a new document?

On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:31:06 AM UTC-5, Sublime wrote:

I've created a word template (about 150kb) and every time I start a new
document (just text with one small logo in the header) and save out as a
word doc, the file becomes HUGE (about 7,700kb). I feel like this
shouldn't be happening as the content is nearly identical.

Any idea on why this is happening and how I can fix it?

For reference, I am creating a new document, choosing my created
template, editing with new content and then saving the document. This is
also ONLY happening on PC and not MAC.

HELP!

Thanks