Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kevin Scott Kevin Scott is offline

Default Remove Vertical Gray Lines in Table Cells

I have a Word document that has faint gray lines displayed in the table cells
where carriage returns exist. They are there no matter the viewing format
(web layout, print layout, etc.). They show up whenever you try to view this
particular document (someone else created the original) and interfere with
the text if viewed on a projector and they also show up when printed out.

How can I turn off these gray lines? I have searched through many menus and
options but I have not been successful so far.

Any ideas on what these are?