Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Template set to use a specific tray from a specific printer

Apart from the settings stored in Page Layout, printer information is not
stored with the document. If you need to print to specific printers you will
need to create a macro to set the print conditions according to which
printer you use - see http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm for some
examples and http://www.gmayor.com/Associate_Printer.htm

Wes from Scottsdale wrote:
I'm covering for a co-worker out on maternity leave. She has created
some templates for her department that set the Paper Source to Tray 2
for the first page. However, it only seems to work for one printer,
an HP4100. I need to configure this for another printer, an HP4200,
but don't know how to set a template to use a specific tray from a
specific printer.

If the user prints to the 4100, it pulls the first page from tray 2.
If she prints to the 4200, it uses the automatically select setting
and pulls from tray 3.

I tried it on my machine, mapping to the HP4100 and uses the template
and it change my paper source to match.

Where/how can I set a template to use a specific tray when printed to
a specific printer?