FWIW, "Hide spelling errors" and "Hide grammatical errors" are
document-specific settings and should be saved with your document. In my
experience, they are.

"FE" wrote in message
I tried it, and I think it worked. At least it stayed that way when I

closed
and re-opened it on my machine. Thank you! Someone should add this to

the
Word help menu so that this information comes up when someone looks up how

get rid of the wavy lines/automatic spellchecking.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

FE,

I think (not positive because I can't test it right now) that you can

select
your text then ToolsLaguageSet Language and check "Do not check

spelling
or grammar."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP