Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Character Map Key Assignment

These characters can be found at Unicode positions 2660, 2663, 2665, and
2666 in many fonts (including the Windows Core Fonts). In the Insert |
Symbol dialog, you can select one of these characters and click AutoCorrect
or Shortcut Key to assign a keyboard shortcut. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm.

"Pat Miller" wrote in message
I am typing text for a booklet on card games. I need to make the club,
diamond, heart & spade available on the keyboard. How do I assign the
symbols from the character map to the keyboard? Can I use function keys

9,
10, 11 & 12 for the assignment? If yes, I would appreciate detailed
instruction on how to do this. If no, please make a suggestion.
Regards,
Pat