Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Extendingn masthead across page width

It cannot be done because of a limitation imposed by your printer, which is
not able to print all the way to the edges of the paper.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kmcnet" wrote in message
Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am creating a
document
where I would like to create a colored box, approximately one inch high,
that
starts at the top edge of the page and extends to both the left and right
edges of each page. I have tried using tables and textboxes without
success,
either leaving margins at the top or sides. Can someone please tell me
how
to go about doingn this?