Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default How to I change a read only document to a normal for correctin

You're quite welcome. I'm having a truly rotten day so it's nice to know
I've helped someone. Any chance you want to create a simple Access database
in return for me? ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dora" wrote in message
Thank you so much. I searched and searched until I came across your
suggestion and it worked. Bless you JoAnn. BTW - My middle name is
JoAnne
"with the e."

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Save the file to your hard disk. Using Windows Explorer, find the file.
Right click, select Properties, change the attributes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Elaine" wrote in message
I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I need
make corrections and change formating. How do I change a read only file
one I can work on?