Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default How to I change a read only document to a normal for correctin

That suggests that the user has protected the document. Open a blank Word
document and then use Insert, File and select the 'protected' document. Does
that let you edit it now?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"mrllcoolj" wrote in message
HI,

I have also received a read only work report, but when I right click it
(saved on my desk top) it doesn't have a read only flag. I have tried
saving
it as a different file name, but it still says the item is locked. Any
other
suggestions please?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If it is password protected apply the password. If not copy it to the
hard
drive, right click in Windows Explorer, choose 'propertries' and remove
the
flag from the read only check box.

marge wrote:
"Elaine" wrote:

I received a report over e-mail and it is a read only document. I
need to make corrections and change formating. How do I change a
read only file to one I can work on?