Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hank14 Hank14 is offline

Default How to I change a read only document to a normal for correctin

The problem might be inherited permissions from another user. Go to the
Windows Explorer file list, right click, select Properties, the Security tab.
under Group or Users Name box, are one or more 'groups'. Highlight each one
to views the checkboxes assocaited with them. You want the Write checkbox to
be checked on your user name. If its not, checkover all the other users
and if necessary have them access the file through their PC (assuming shared
files, etc) and set your permission to Write, or to Full Control. I am
waiting til next week for a coworker to return to the office so we can try
this, but it looks like it would work. Give it a shot.