Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
WilliamWMeyer WilliamWMeyer is offline

Default Fake returns?

Hi folks,

I often am dealing with Word files I didn't create. That is, a human being
other than myself created them (perhaps on Macs), or Save As/Export filters
created them. For example, Saving As .doc/.rtf out of Adobe Acrobat, or OCR
scanning software that saves as .doc/rtf.

Because of this I often run into fake returns, which I can manipulate to
some degree, in Find & Replace with ^p and ^13.

However, if I select a group of these paragraphs and apply a Style to them,
their fakeness is revealed and the block of paragraphs is treated as if it
were one paragraph.

I used to see and solve a problem like this, in which a para mark had a ^10
before or after it, but I haven't seen those ^10s since a couple Word or
operating system versions ago.

Any ideas?
WilliamW