Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Amer[_2_] Amer[_2_] is offline

Default Automatically assign style to an outline level

I think I did not make myself clear. What I want to do is as follows:

Here is my outline:

1. Outline Level 1 (Style = Heading 1)
1-1 Outline Level 2 (Style = Heading 2)
2. Outline Level 1 (Style = Heading 1)
3. Outline Level 1 (Style = Heading 1)

I want Word to assign Heading 1 to all Level 1 outlines automatically
without my interference, i.e. without my choosing Heading 1 style from the
dropdown menu each time I add a new line.

Can Word recoginze that?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Create a separate paragraph style for each outline level, with the outline
level and any other formatting, such as font and size, included.

Note that the built-in heading styles already have the appropriate levels
defined; all you have to do is change the font formatting the way you want
it. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingOLView.htm for more.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Amer" wrote in message
I am creating a long document using the outlining feature in Word 2007. I
want Word to automatically assign a special style for each level.

For example: I need to use a special font and size for the top level
(Level
1), and a different style for Level 2,...

How to let Word do that automatically?