Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default For use in 2003

I was using the form fields---text and drop downs. When I save it without
locking it down, then those fields are not enabled. For example, the
drop-down does not have an arrow indicating a drop-down and anyone can type
in the locked text field (fill in enabled is not checked). If I copy the
table into 2003 and protect it, it works. That's the problem, we can't
protect the whole template as they need to type in the other areas and I
can't possibly make all those areas text fields.

I thought about finding a pc with 2003, creating a document with just the
tables so I can lock it down then inserting it as an object into 2007
template. Will that work? Will they be able to update the document object in
the 2007 template?

I save everything in compatible mode.

Thanks,
--
Barbara R

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What method are you using in Word 2007? Word 2003 supports the same "Editing
restrictions" as Word 2007 does. Look in the Restrict Formatting and Editing
pane (Review tab | Protect Document) or the Protect Document pane in Word
2003 (Tools | Protect Document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barbara" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 but most of my co-workers are still on 2003. We need to
lock
some cells in a table so people cannot make an entry. We cannot lock the
whole document as it is a 48 page template. I know I can do this in 2007
but
is there a way to do it so it will work in 2003 format?
--
Barbara R

.