Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Barbara Barbara is offline

Default For use in 2003

It's only certain cells in tables in a section. I'm attaching the template so
you can see. It's Chapter 11. You will see the cells that I have added
drop-downs or text fields to.

I will play around with the section breaks but it's not a whole section just
certain tables.

Thanks,
--
Barbara R

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you are saying that you want certain areas of the document to be more
freely editable, you can insert section breaks and then leave one or more
sections unprotected. Once at least one section break is in place, you can
click the "Select sections" option (under "Editing restrictions"); clear the
sections that shouldn't be protected. This option is fully backward
compatible with Word 97-2003.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barbara" wrote in message
I was using the form fields---text and drop downs. When I save it without
locking it down, then those fields are not enabled. For example, the
drop-down does not have an arrow indicating a drop-down and anyone can
type
in the locked text field (fill in enabled is not checked). If I copy the
table into 2003 and protect it, it works. That's the problem, we can't
protect the whole template as they need to type in the other areas and I
can't possibly make all those areas text fields.

I thought about finding a pc with 2003, creating a document with just the
tables so I can lock it down then inserting it as an object into 2007
template. Will that work? Will they be able to update the document object
in
the 2007 template?

I save everything in compatible mode.

Thanks,
--
Barbara R

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What method are you using in Word 2007? Word 2003 supports the same
"Editing
restrictions" as Word 2007 does. Look in the Restrict Formatting and
Editing
pane (Review tab | Protect Document) or the Protect Document pane in Word
2003 (Tools | Protect Document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barbara" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 but most of my co-workers are still on 2003. We need to
lock
some cells in a table so people cannot make an entry. We cannot lock
the
whole document as it is a 48 page template. I know I can do this in
2007
but
is there a way to do it so it will work in 2003 format?
--
Barbara R

.

.