Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default What is the CC area in memos for?

The slowest speed was 16 2/3, and it was used for what were then called
"talking books" (for the blind). The speed was too slow for high-fidelity
music reproduction but adequate for the spoken word (in the same way that
telephone sound quality in those days was just adequate for comprehension).

http://word.mvps.org

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
snort You don't win the prize until you owned a record player that had 4
speeds and can name them. I didn't use the slowest speed much but I owned
records that needs the other three. We still have a player at home but the
stylus is probably shot at this point. None of the spindle adapters tho.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"BK" wrote in message
Do I win a prize if I know the difference between a 45 and an LP? I
still remember the plastic insert you could use to put a 45 on an LP
stalk.

"Bomb dowser" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...
chenley1132 wrote:
I need to fill it for some work,and I dunno what it's for.

"CC" is an acronym for "carbon copy". If you're young enough, you may
never
have seen carbon paper (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_paper) or,
for
that matter, the typewriter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typewriter)
that
it was used with.

The CC field is where you put the names of people who are getting
copies of
the memo but aren't the direct recipients (those go in the To field).

i.e. CC = complimentary copy.

Next up on the Old Timers' Hit Parade: Do you know the difference
between a
45 and an LP? ;-)