Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default merge excel data to word 2007 table and text

Hi David ,

You can probably use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for this (the terminology depends on the Word version). To see
how to do so with any mailmerge data source supported by Word, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"David Gladstone" wrote in message .. .
I am trying to create a learning plan that shows the route that a learner
might take to a qualification. The data are in an Excel 2007 worksheet.
The user data are NAME (C2), CENTRE (C3) COMPANY (C4) ENROLL DATE (C5)
The course data are in B7:E12 where the column B7:B12 contains the course
name, C7:C12 has the course code, D712 the start date and E7:E12 the end
date. Row 6 has column headings.
There will always be 3 rows of data but rows 10 to 12 may be blank.
The data are in the third sheet of an excel 2007 workbook
I am asking for help to merge these data to a word 2007 table. The
difficulties that I have experienced include pointing word to the 3rd sheet
and taking data from rows 8 to 12

url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1010-1.aspx