Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Meaning of extension ".docx" in MS Word 2007"

docx denotes that the file is in Word 2007 file format; docm denotes that
the file is in Word 2007 format and that it contains macros. A docx format
file cannot contain macros.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"sheana" wrote in message
Hi,

I have MS Word 2007 and Windows 7. Can you tell me what the extension
".docx" means when I save a document? I always saw only the ".doc"
extension in previous versions. Thanks in advance.