Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 2007 Track Changes Problem

Oops, you do say. The controls are under Review Balloons and _also_
under Review Track Changes Track Changes Options Balloons (near
the bottom, a dropdown menu).

On May 5, 4:30*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Since you don't say which version of Word you're using, you'll have to
hunt around in the Track Changes area until you find the checkboxes
that control what is displayed in balloons, and uncheck them all.
Apparently that group of settings overrides the ones you've properly
set (and which are the defaults).

On May 5, 12:49*pm, Diane wrote:

I have a document that has track changes turned on. *Under the Track Changes
Options window, I have insertions set to underline and deletions set to
strikethrough. *When I delete something, instead of getting a strikethrough,
I get the balloon showing deleted and what was deleted. *The insertions act
as they are supposed to with an underline.
In another document where the deletions show as strikethrough, when I accept
all the track changes, the deletions still show with strikethrough, it
doesn't remove the text to be deleted.
Can anyone help please?-